Best Online Sabong Betting Sites in the Philippines
Sabong, a form of cockfighting in the Philippines, is a popular sport among country residents and has even become part of the culture. There is a rich history to it, and it’s deeply ingrained in the Filipino tradition.
|✅ Licensed:||Gaming and Amusement Board|
|📶 Bookmaker Coverage:||Low|
|⭐ Popular:||Philippines, Kuwait, Indonesia, Malaysia|
|🌎 World Championship:||World Slasher Cup|
Since Sabong is such a popular sport, many people like to bet on the outcome, placing high-risk wagers to see if they can bring home winnings. Recently, Sabong betting has also gone online. However, the legality of online Sabong Philippines is still unclear.
In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about Sabong, its events, and the best online betting sites in the Philippines so you can start placing bets at top-rated bookmakers.
Top List of Online Sabong Bookmakers – June 2023
No Deposit Bonus
|300% / ₱300|
|100% up to ₱5,400||1xbet||8591+|
|200% Deposit Bonus||PanaloKO||1133+|
|200% Deposit Bonus||SuperAce88||1480+|
Free Spins Bonus
|$1750 + 290 FS||Melbet||2352+|
What Is Sabong?
Sabong is a Filipino term that refers to the act of cockfighting. This is when two roosters go head to head to fight each other. Each rooster usually has something sharp, like a metal spur or knife, attached to its legs. The animals are trained to attack, and the fight will end once one of the cocks has been killed or they are injured to the point they cannot continue fighting.
The origin of Sabong can be traced back to ancient Persia, India, and China. In the Philippines, it has been a part of the culture from as early as the 16th century as a form of entertainment and also a way for people to gamble. When the Philippines was a colony of America, Sabong was illegal. Still, when they gained independence in 1946, it became legal and regulated, leading to the multi-billion dollar industry it is today.
How Does Sabong Work?
Each Sabong match is held in a fighting pit, and each fight is made up of three stages:
- Ulatan: The utalan is the preparation for the fight. Two cocks are selected based on height, weight, wingspan, and more. Both birds need to have similar measurements so the game is fair. Once chosen, the cocks will have the blades attached to their legs.
- Ruweda: The ruweda is just before the fight sets off. The cocks will first enter the ring with each of their owners, allowing the audience to meet them for the first time and evaluate their temperaments. Then, the casador, the sole judge of the fight, will take their seat. The kristo will take bets from the audience.
- Fight!: It is now ready for the fight to start. Both birds are released and left to battle it out. They will use their beaks, claws, and blades to try and win the fight. The referee will announce the end of the fight once there is a clear winner.
Is Betting on Sabong legal in the Philippines?
Betting on Sabong in the Philippines is legal, but it is also heavily regulated. The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) oversees all public games of Sabong and the bets placed on them. They enforce strict rules to ensure all fights are safe and fair. It is also good to remember that while betting on Sabong is legal, online betting is not. So, ensure you have found a real-life cockpit and bookmaker to help you out.
Not everyone is allowed to host a Sabong event, which means not every fight is legal to bet one. Under Philippine law, you can only host a fight in a cockpit if you have a license, and these are the ones that people can gamble on. Similarly, there are restrictions on how much money can be wagered on each fight and which bookmakers can take bets and give a payout.
How to Bet on Online Sabong Philippines Sites?
Betting on a Sabong event is pretty easy, and if you want a chance of bringing home some winnings, you need to follow the steps listed for you below:
- Before you even consider choosing an online Sabong game to bet on or who you think the winner will be, you need to find a reliable bookmaker. Luckily, OnlineCasinoHex has a wide range for you to choose from, and they are all fully licensed and regulated.
- Once you have found a bookmaker, you must make an account with them before placing any Sabong bets. Signing up for an account doesn’t take long, but you may need proof of identification documents to verify your age.
- To bet on a Sabong match, you need to have money in your account. You can deposit funds using a payment method of your choice. However, ensure you know the bookmaker’s minimum amount before getting started.
- It’s now time to place a bet on the Sabong game of your choice. You can choose to go with the odds and bet on the cock people believe will win, or you can risk your money in exchange for a bigger win by going in the opposite direction.
Top Websites for Sabong Betting in the Philippines
As we have already mentioned, you are not allowed to bet on Sabong fights online. However, you may use a mobile version of a betting site in the Philippines. Luckily, there are some great options and fantastic apps to use. Here is a list of legit online Sabong websites with mobile apps.
22bet is an online sports betting platform operated by Marikit Holdings Ltd and licensed by the government of Curacao, which has been serving gamblers since 2017. One of its best features is that it is entirely mobile-compatible and has a dedicated app for iOS and Android users. Many people praise 22bet for its user-friendly interface and how easy it is to navigate the online Sabong app.
No Deposit Bonus
A wide range of payment methods is available on 22bet, including GCash casinos option, credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and cryptocurrency. There is also a generous ₱7,500 welcome bonus available to help get you started.
Since 2012, MelBet has been offering sports betting opportunities to residents of the Philippines. It is operated by Tutkia Limited and licensed by the government of Curacao. The dedicated MelBet mobile app is available on all Android and iOS devices, and it comes with push notifications to remind you of an upcoming Sabong event.
Free Spins Bonus
|$1750 + 290 FS||Melbet||2352+|
MelBet is incredibly secure, giving gamblers peace of mind whenever they pay using any available method, including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and cryptocurrency. It also has a great welcome 100% match bonus of up to $1750.
1XBet was launched in 2007 as a sports betting online Philippines casino platform. It is operated by Techinfusion Limited and is licensed by the government of Curacao. It covers a wide range of sports events for gamblers to bet on, including streaming Sabong when you use the mobile app.
|100% up to ₱5,400||1xbet||8591+|
You can download the mobile app on Android or iOS devices and use it to place your bets or use the welcome package of up to ₱86,000 + 150 free spins. You can also make the most out of the accessibility, a wide range of deposit and withdrawal options, and seamless customer support.
Sabong Online Betting Tips and Strategies
Like with most other sports betting and even online casino games, there is no set strategy to ensure you will win. However, there are some tips you can follow to increase your chances of bringing home some real cash. The first thing to do is learn all you can about Sabong events and how you can place bets. You want to be as knowledgeable as possible about the sport to help you make an informed decision.
Here are some added Sabong online betting tips and strategies you may want to take into account:
Start with smaller bets
If you are new to Sabong betting, you don’t want to spend all your money at once. Instead, start off with smaller bets while you get used to the games and how the system works.
Bet on more popular events
For gamblers who want to increase their chances of winning big, betting on a small cockfight won’t get you where you want. Instead, go for bigger events where there is a bigger prize pot.
Research the roosters
Knowledge is power. Therefore, you want to find out what you can about the cocks fighting in the event. If one has had a significant number of wins, you have a better chance of winning if you bet on them.
Look at the betting odds
Most sportsbooks and bookmakers will have odds of which rooster will most likely win the fight. If you bet on this cock, you stand a better chance of winning. However, if you bet on the bird with lower odds, you will risk more but potentially have a higher reward.
Sabong Betting Odds Explained
The betting odds displayed to gamblers on bookmakers and online betting sites are an estimate of the potential winnings you can receive once you place a bet. For example, if you want to bet on a rooster called ‘Cock A’, and the odds are in favour of him winning, then you can expect a larger number of winnings.
The odds in Sabong range between 10% to 100% depending on the type of betting you opt for:
- Sampu siyam – 10%: Sampu siyam is about picking a set of ten roosters and placing bets on their individual matches.
- Walo – 20%: Walo means choosing eight roosters to place bets on.
- Anim – 30%: Anm is a betting type that involves choosing a set of six roosters to bet on.
- Doblado – up to 100%: Doblado defines as placing a double bet on a single rooster.
Popular Sabong Tournaments to Bet On
If you are ready to place your first bets on a Sabong event, your next step is to find the right tournament. Luckily, there is a wide range of popular Sabong tournaments to bet on, and you can start by selecting one out of the following.
World Slasher Cup
The World Slasher Cup is one of the biggest Sabong events in the Philippines, hosted in Manila over multiple days. It has been around since 1963 and has been held every year since by the Philippine Gamefowl Commission. It typically takes place in January, and you can watch some of the most renowned fighting roosters go head-to-head in the cockpit.
Due to its high-stakes betting, the World Slasher Cup brings a strong element of thrill to gamblers who attend the event. Some matches have even been known to feature record-breaking bets of up to hundreds of thousands of pesos.
Once known as the Pintakasi, the Derby is a Sabong event in the Philippines where high-quality fighters will participate to see who can come out as the ‘Pintakasi Champion’. It lasts for several days each year, and people all around the country come to see the fights while also taking part in high-stakes betting.
There are a series of fights in The Derby, where the winning rooster of each match advances to the next round. This will continue to happen until a champion has been crowned. Other forms of entertainment are available, including live music and food, and it is a good place to try and win some money.
Master Breeders’ Cup
The Master Breeders’ Cup is another prestigious Sabong competition held yearly in the Philippines. It is organised by the National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders (NFGB), and any members of the NFGB are allowed to compete, showing off their prize-winning roosters to see if they can make it to the top.
The event has several categories, including pure breed, cross-breed, and any breed. The cocks will then be judged based on things like their fighting skills, agility, and physical attributes. Winners of each category will make it to the next round, and the overall winner will be named the Master Breeder, and they will win a cash prize.
World Pitmasters Cup
The World Pitmasters Cup is a Sabong competition held annually in the Philippines. It is organised by the Pitmasters Foundation, a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting and preserving the sport of cockfighting. It is open to all breeders and anyone who wishes to compete.
Like the Master Breeders’ Cup, there are various categories that the roosters are judged on. As they move through the rounds of the competition, only one will come out victorious as the World Pitmasters Cup Champion. High-stakes betting is a major part of this event, and it continues to attract people from across the country to place their wagers.
Sabong is a vital part of the culture in the Philippines, so there is no surprise that many people are looking at Sabong online betting. Unfortunately, it still isn’t legal, and land-based games are heavily regulated. However, with the introduction of sportsbook mobile apps, it is now possible for gamblers to place their bets on the games without breaking the law.
There is an excellent opportunity to win real money with Sabong betting, especially since most of it is high-stakes. If you’re new to gambling and cockfighting matches, the best thing to do is start out slow, and you can eventually become a pro.
1️⃣ Is online Sabong legal in the Philippines?
- Technically, no. Online Sabong ph bookmakers aren’t regulated yet, which means there are no laws in place for the activity. The best way to ensure you will get into no trouble with the law is to bet at a physical cockpit. However, there are mobile apps from online bookmakers that you can download on your phone or tablet. You should ensure you are still using licensed sports betting organisation to guarantee that you and your funds are safe.
2️⃣ Is there an online Sabong website I can bet on?
- No, there aren’t online bookmakers where you can bet on Sabong. However, there are mobile apps you can use, such as 22bet, MelBet, and 1XBet. Any online bookmakers you find in the Philippines have not been regulated and are therefore illegal, so you should stay away from them to avoid negative consequences.
3️⃣ How can I know I am placing legal bets on Sabong?
- As a Philippines resident, you’ll be able to find a local cockpit where you can place bets there. However, make sure it is a land-based cockpit that has been regulated and licensed by the proper authorities.
4️⃣ Can I use international online betting sites to bet on Sabong?
- Yes, you might be able to. However, it will be very difficult as Sabong isn’t legal in many countries, as they are referred to as bloodsports.
5️⃣ What is e-Sabong?
- E-Sabong is an illegal online platform for people in the Philippines to discover odds and place bets on matches. A lot of people use this platform, so the government is in the process of making it legal to make more money and offer more jobs.